Mrs. Crull's Second Grade Class

Monday, September 22, 2008

Star Spelling and Star Handwriting 9-19-08

Every Friday we have a spelling test. I take 4 grades on this one test. I take a spelling test grade, a dictation grade, a spelling test handwriting grade, and a dictation handwriting grade. To help encourage the students to do their very best, I keep a list on the board of those students who have "Star Spelling" and "Star Handwriting". To be on the "Star Spelling" list, a student needs to get 100% on their spelling test (just the front, not the dictation part). To be on the "Star Handwriting" list, a student needs to get an E on their handwriting on their spelling test (only the front of the test, not the back). An E stands for "Excellent", and is like getting an A on their handwriting. I had planned on listing these outstanding students on the blog each week, but I am just now getting around to it. :)

September 19, 2008

STAR SPELLING
Claire
Chloe
Sydney
Corie
Angelina
Emma
Matthew K.
Cameron
Matthew T.

STAR HANDWRITING
Allie
Chloe
Sydney
Corie
Emma
Evan

Last week I talked to the students a lot about trying hard to use their very best handwriting on all their work. We talked about how your handwriting is a reflection of you. I am very proud of all the students and how much their handwriting improved over the past week! Let's keep up the good work!!! :)