Mrs. Crull's Second Grade Class

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Scrap Books

One thing that I have been doing for a couple of years, is to have my kids make a scrap book. All year long we keep our writing projects, drawings, pictures I have taken, and so on, in a folder. Then at the end of the year, I laminate everything and bind it for them to take home on the last day of school. This year, I did it a little differently. After the awards program, I had a little reception for my kids and their parents to come back to the classroom and get their Reading Counts awards and scrap books. This was an awesome experience, because in the past, I didn't get to see the joy the scrap books bring to the kids and their parents. It was really cool seeing everyone sitting and looking through their scrap books, and remembering all the fun times we have had, and how far they have come in a year.

This was my favorite memory of this year! :)


Posted by Picasa