Mrs. Crull's Second Grade Class

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Let it Snow!, Let it Snow!, Let it Snow!

Well, today I think we made some cherished school memories! Before the kids had to leave for the day, I decided that it would be fun to "catch snowflakes". I gave all the kids a piece of black construction paper so that they could see the snowflakes better. We all had SO much fun! They "studied" snowflakes on their paper, their coats, their noses, and most of all, their tongues! Thank goodness I remembered to go back and get my camera, because I was able to capture this fun and exciting experience! (Academically speaking...we did this because we just finished reading about, and discussing, the water cycle, the 3 forms water takes, and the four types of precipitation - rain, hail, sleet, and SNOW.) ;-)


Didn't your Mama ever tell you not to eat snow?! I know your teacher didn't! ;-)



I love this picture of Emma!



Matthew K...were you going to walk home? ;-)

As a "side note", every time we could possibly have some sort of "frozen" precipitation, Mr. Meyerrose blares the song "Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow", and has his class sing and dance around the room to it. This is his end of the day "Snow Dance" on those wintry days. Since we are getting so much snow tonight, I guess they finally got the hang of it!